2014-03-10

World politics and the sense something bigger is going on



Yes, a really good day. very inspiring. and one of those days when I felt like a fucking idiot several times...Which should trigger me. Anfd i think it will. Later.

Day started after lunch, eh ok, it started earlier, but with normal things like meeting and such, but after lunch there was a lecture @ HDK with Cenk Dereli from Istanbul and he spoke and showed projects from the "Architecture for All" and  it was super inspiring how they worked with real issues of building up communities, archival recording of political events (as here, the Gezi park riots and the activism supporting it) in the , acting local with culture and irt was all set up as I understood it thru identifying a problem, or an issue, or something of interest, then "open calls" out to people thru social media (hm I don't like that term...cnat can't we just say the internets, or the webs or something) anyhow, the open calls resulted in biggerir smaller groups depending on the projects and then project groups we're formed where people put in hours and worked and got paid in the feeling having been part of something bigge r than themselves.
It was pretty damn beautiful.
I am gonna copy that method.
On how or what Im not sure, but its a grey great method.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Then.
Later.
Was this.

It was quite a bit over my head, but at the same time very very interesting. The issues being discussed and the way one can interpret space in "challenged urban contexts" and what that spatial quality can be was really eye opening.
Again I felt like a narrow minded euorcentric moron with far too less notion on global politics ( actually politics at all).
I promise to start reading the news and even some books. This has to stop.

I took notes.
Learned new words and names.

---------------------------------------------------------------

There is something within the whole issue of engaging in the questions of social and public that triggers me. Its like I have this urge to enter this field of play but can't find the entrance.
I think I will use the spring to think about it.




Inga kommentarer:

_arkiv

.....